The affordances of digital technology alter the socio-technical systems within which people interact — and thus alter perception and cognition.
Welcome to ED386/ED586 EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
ED386/ED586 | Tuesdays and Thursdays 12:30 pm – 1:45 pm
This course is meeting in person
Classroom | AD54
Welcome to a new semester at John Carroll University. I hope you are healthy and happy and excited for this next adventure. For the Spring 2022 semester, ED386/ED586 will be in-person. Our classroom is OC211
ED386/ED586 Course website | https://dshutkinedtech.education/
Professor David Shutkin, Ph.D.
We are not on digital gadgets unless they are for the purpose of this class, and if we are on gadgets we are using them for class.
- Produce an educational weblog site;
- Analyze the pedagogical potential of video games;
- Demonstrate understanding of multimodal literacy;
- Produce a multimodal digital story and demonstrate pedagogical significance;
- Apply ideas of distributed cognition to analyses of classroom practice;
- Demonstrate the development of your TPACK through the design of a technologically enhanced learning environment.