The affordances of digital technology alter the sociotechnical systems within which people interact — and thus alter perception and cognition.
Welcome to ED386/ED586 EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
ED386 – 51|Tuesday/Thursday 12:30-1:45 O’Malley Center 211
Professor David Shutkin, Ph.D.
We are not on digital gadgets unless they are for the purpose of this class, and if we are on gadgets we are using them for class.
- Produce an educational website / digital portfolio;
- Analyze the pedagogical potential of video games;
- Demonstrate understanding of multimodal literacy;
- Produce a multimodal digital story and demonstrate pedagogical significance;
- Apply ideas of distributed cognition to analyses of classroom practice;
- Demonstrate the development of your TPACK through the design of a technologically enhanced learning environment.