The affordances of digital technology alter the sociotechnical systems within which people interact — and thus alter perception and cognition.
Welcome to ED386/ED586 EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY
Zoom is a robust video conferencing application. You will need to download the application and will be instructed to do so when you first follow the link to our virtual Zoom classroom. It is a small file and the download time is minimal. While it is possible to join the virtual classroom via smart phone, I recommend using a computer with audio and video capabilities.
ED386/ED586 – 51|Tuesday/Thursday 9:30-10:45 O’Malley Center 203
ED386/ED586- 01 | Monday/Wednesday 5:00-6:15 O’Malley Center 211
Professor David Shutkin, Ph.D.
We are not on digital gadgets unless they are for the purpose of this class, and if we are on gadgets we are using them for class.
- Produce an educational website / digital portfolio;
- Analyze the pedagogical potential of video games;
- Demonstrate understanding of multimodal literacy;
- Produce a multimodal digital story and demonstrate pedagogical significance;
- Apply ideas of distributed cognition to analyses of classroom practice;
- Demonstrate the development of your TPACK through the design of a technologically enhanced learning environment.