BlogPost Prompt | Access to Technology
This observation will require you to make a few inquires about all available technologies in the school that you or your students could use. Please post this observation to your WebLog. (~300 words)
This inventory needs to address:
- Who are the people at your school in charge of the technologies available to advance the learning of students? Identify as many of these people as possible:
- Director of educational technology
- Curriculum technology integration specialist
- Technology maintenance?
- Technology security personnel
- Library media specialist
- Details of what technology is available, where it’s located, quantities of technologies (i.e. is there a classroom set of iPads for the students to work with)?
- Are the technologies readily available and are they in working order? How do students and teachers gain access? Is there a means for reserving them? Are there required purchases by families?
- What is the nature of the firewall blocking access to applications? Is there a process to transcend or move around the firewall? Who is in control? What is available and what is blocked and why?
- Significantly, pay close attention to and document who you are speaking with. What is their role or do they have a title? Who is able to direct you to the people with the most information? Who has the most and/or best information?