BlogPost Prompt | Access to Technology
This observation will require you to make a few inquires about all available technologies in the school that you or your students could use. Please post this observation to your WebLog and link it to your Digital Storytelling page of your ED386 website. (~300 words)
This inventory needs to address:
- Who are the people at your school in charge of the technologies available to advance the learning of students? Identify as many of these people as possible:
- Director of educational technology
- Curriculum technology integration specialist
- Technology maintenance?
- Technology security personnel
- Library media specialist
- Details of what technology is available, where it’s located, quantities of technologies (i.e. is there a classroom set of iPads for the students to work with)?
- Are the technologies readily available and are they in working order? How do students and teachers gain access? Is there a means for reserving them? Are there required purchases by families?
- What is the nature of the firewall blocking access to applications? Is there a process to transcend or move around the firewall? Who is in control? What is available and what is blocked and why?
- Significantly, pay close attention to and document who you are speaking with. What is his or her role or does s/he have a title? Who is able to direct you to the people with the most information? Who has the most and/or best information?