What if we created a shared hypertext in class based on our readings of Bolter’s essay? It might work something like this:
I assign a section of the chapter to each person in class:
- Hypermedia; or
- The First Hypertexts
- Take fifteen minutes to read/review your assigned section;
- While you are reading, make connections between your assigned section, your curricular discipline and grade level interests: For example what lesson plan ideas, teaching, learning, books, ideas for using the Internet come to mind?;
- On your website, create a new web page called “Bolter;”
- On your “Bolter” page, Write a paragraph discussing and describing the connections you made;
- Include a visual that contributes to the development of the paragraph.
- Reads everybody else’s paragraphs, and
- Create hyperlinks from words and/or images in your text to other people’s texts where you perceive or understand there to be a connection.
- [NOTE: From any one’s homepage just add /bolter to the end of the address to get to their Bolter page.]