Discussion | Scripting for Digital Storytelling
- The 7th Step — writing for your audience
- A few notes about scripting
- Just short enough, but not any shorter
- Including a scene, position yourself within the narrative
- Focus on the narrative, use visuals, SFX and music to texture the narrative with context and description.
- The Story Spine | Pixar’s 4th Rule of Storytelling
- Dear students… 4×6
Resources: There are any number of storyboarding apps to choose from including apps dedicated to the iPad. (You might just prefer using Post-It Notes on a sheet of paper).
- Visit the App store and explore the various StoryBoard tools. While I cannot recommend one or another application, there are numerous interesting apps to explore. Of course read the reviews before spending money.
- Prezi is particularly effective for storyboarding.
- You might also consider Google Slides. (Please note: the application you choose for your storyboard needs to be well suited for representing the semiotic systems you are exploring).
- Lino – collaborative bulletin board for posting notes, images, and video