Using this Second WordPress Site, Design and Produce an Interactive Mobile Learning Application (mLearning App):
Please review the exploration description above. For this exploration, less is more. You are using your second WP site to build a mobile application. (The application is NOT an expansive website. Rather, it is a focused application that you, as the teacher with technical facility using WordPress, can build quickly to address an immediate learning need). As the teacher, what would be realistic to design and build tonight, introduce in class tomorrow, so your students could use it after class to better prepare for class the following day?
As you are building your app, test its functionality frequently using the browser on your phone or tablet. Select a WP theme for your App that has a user-friendly interface with large drop down menus, for example.
- Introduction | On your M-Learning Home page, author a brief and personalized introduction to your students that explains the M-learning app and meaningfully relates it to the immediate learning issue being addressed by the app.;
- Instructions | Written to your students, your Home page is to also include any necessary instructions or explanations for how to use the M-learning app;
- Six Pages | Include a menu with a minimum of six (6) pages, including:
- Home page
- Pages to present information. Consider various forms such as:
- video, or
- Pages for assessment/feedback. Consider various Google Forms (see below) such as:
- multiple choice,
- short answer
- No Scroll | There shouldn’t be so much information on a given page that your students need to scroll and scroll down the page. (Instead, make an additional page).
- Page Format | Pages can include text, still images, audio files, embedded videos, infographics, multiple choice and/or true or false questions, and more.
- External Pages | Some of the pages can link to external sources of information such as a game or a simulation. Make sure that all pages can be viewed on your smart phone or tablet PC. (Test it on your phone or tablet to be sure).
- Interactivity | At least one link is to afford interactivity in the form of written, audio and/or visual (still or video) responses by students; (Create a link or two to site(s) where your students could post a video or audio or write a sentence or two or respond to short answer or multiple choice questions).
- Build & embed a Google Form |Embed: copy the embed code >> edit the WP page>>select HTML>>paste embed code>> save.
- Create a Quiz Using Google Forms
- You can start with a blank form or use a form you’ve started.
- Go to forms.google.com.
- Click New Form .
- At the top right, click Settings .
- Click Quizzes.
- Click Make this a quiz.
- Click Save.