Selected TPACK Readings and Resources:
Koehler, M.J., & Mishra, P. (2005). Teachers learning technology by design. Journal of Computing in Teacher Education, 21(3), 94-102.
Mishra, P., & Koehler, J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Teacher Knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054.
Resources for the Design of technologically enhanced learning experiences (TELEs)
- The Learning Activity Types Website | Helpful for choosing the right technology to help represent content.
- Protocols are pedagogical tools that support the design of learning environments and experiences. They are tools to think with about the realization of specific learning outcomes, the sequencing of learning experiences and knowledge about our students:
- Protocols A-Z | National School Reform Faculty
- Protocol Alphabetical List « School Reform Initiative
- Small Group Discussion Protocols (20 Examples)
- Protocols For Culturally Responsive Learning and Increased Student Engagement
Resources for teaching about TPACK
- The Wright Brothers
- The Cuban Missile Crisis
- A Guided TPCK Query
- More Pedagogical Content Knowledge: Pedagogical Knowledge (1026-27)| Pedagogical Content Knowledge (1027)
- PCK and the Teaching Channel: Theater Boxes: Making History Come Alive: Grade 6, History, Projects
- The Sudan
- Mapping Tools
Learning Landscape: Kids Monitor Terrain with Tech
Students at this Minnesota elementary school use new technology to study the ancient ecology of a vast prairie wetland. Read the article.