As you get settled BEFORE class begins, take a few minutes to explore:
- Field Placements
- Blogging Exploration
- Reading for next week:
- Linked below, check out Edutopia’s collection of articles on using video games and simulations in the classroom as well as the article from KQED. Select one article to integrate into your video gaming exploration and share with the class.
- Authored by Project Tomorrow and Blackboard (2013) Learning in the 21st century: Mobile Devices + Social Media = Personalized Learning.
- Assessment page and grade reports
- Introductions (cont.)
- Video game assignment | Teams –>
Workshop A: clean up website (extra widgets, menu items, etc.), Intro statement, Your blog, Discussion format for Blog.
- Video Games for the Assignment
- Introduction and a few concepts | Gee (2007) Good video games, the human mind, and good learning
- Distributed Intelligence| Off-loading & Cross functional affiliation
- Forcing our students to learn vs. Dumbing down the learning (Is this really our only choice)?
- Drill & Practice (10-15 minutes/week and no more…)
Discussions C: Video Games and Learning Principles
Workshop B: Time for exploring video Games | Video Games for the Assignment