- Friday 28 April: Assignment Due: Distributed Cognition Exploration
- Final Exam: Wednesday | 10 May | 6:00-7:50 Assignment Due in class: TPACK Design (Spring 2017: Print copy of your TELE/TPACK design required)
- Verification of Field Experiences– (Blue Sheets) Candidates fill in this form at the conclusion of each school visit indicating the time spent at the school.
- iPad Returns: iOS: Understanding ‘Erase All Content and Settings’
- Reading for week 15: Harris, J., Hofer, M. Schmidt, D., Blanchard, M, Young, C., Grandgenett, N. and Van Olphen, M. (2010) “Grounded” Technology Integration: Instructional Planning Using Curriculum-Based Activity Type Taxonomies. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education. 18(4), 573-605.
Mishra, P. & Koehler, J. (2006). Technological Pedagogical Content Knowledge: A Framework for Teacher Knowledge. Teachers College Record, 108(6), 1017-1054. (Please prepare pp. 1017-1031).
Digital Stories: Assessment 2
Review Discussion: Distributed Cognition | Q & A
Discussion: TPACK Design
- The Broad Domain of Knowledge: Water (as an example)
- Specific content for your TELE: a difficult concept or idea for your students…
- Technological, Pedagogical, Content Knowledge (TPACK) (Emphasized next week)
- Web and/or digital Resources
- Organization of the learning environment
- C –> What is Curriculum?
- P –> What is Pedagogy? Pedagogical Knowledge (1026-27)
- PCK –> What is Pedagogical Content Knowledge (1027)
- TPACK –> What is Technological, Pedagogical Content Knowledge?
Resources about PCK for the Design of technologically enhanced learning experiences (TELEs)
- The Learning Activity Types Website | Helpful for choosing the right technology to help represent content.
- Protocols are pedagogical tools that support the design of learning environments and experiences. They are tools to think with about the realization of specific learning outcomes, the sequencing of learning experiences and knowledge about our students:
- Protocols A-Z | National School Reform Faculty
- Protocol Alphabetical List « School Reform Initiative
- Small Group Discussion Protocols (20 Examples)
- Protocols For Culturally Responsive Learning and Increased Student Engagement
Discussion: The Learning Activity Types Website
- A. Exploring Emigration: Maps & Migration : Using maps and technology to explore geography (Grades 6-8, Social Studies)
- B. Poetry WorkStations : Students analyze poetry with PodCasts and WebLogs (Middle School 4-8 Language Arts)
- C. Google Docs in the Classroom : Grades 9-12 / All Subjects / Collaboration
- D. The Learning Landscape: Kids Monitor Terrain with Technology : Grades 3-7 / Environmental Science