Wednesday | 22 March
- Assignment Due: (for class): Blog Post 6: Story Circle One – Script & Storyboard
- Assignment Due: Wednesday | 29 March (in class): Blog Post 7: Digital Storytelling Assessment Rubric
- Reading for next week –> please review last section on Audio: Ohler, J. (2013) Chapter 14: Media Grammar for Teachers. Digital Storytelling in the Classroom. pp. 226-244.
Reading: Ohler, J. (2013) Chapter 4: Assessing Digital Stories. Digital Storytelling in the Classroom. Thousand Oaks, CA : Corwin. pp. 83-91.
Discussion 1: Digital Storytelling & Assessment
Small group activity: Digital Storytelling and Assessing “Media Grammar”
Workshop 1: Audio for Digital Storytelling
- Sound Effects (SFX) and Free Sound from the Audio Commons
- Recording and uploading your voice-over narration
- Sound editing
Resource: Free Sound from the Audio Commons
Discussion 2: Story Circle One – Script & Storyboard:
Post to your weblog and link to your digital story web page, the script and storyboard for your digital story (300-400 words). Adjacent to or embedded within the script, detail the integration of modalities not limited to text, still images, video, and audio (sound effects and music). From your script and storyboard, it should be evident how you intend to construct meaning within and across the modalities selected for your digital story. Reference page with more information about storyboards
Workshop 2: WeVideo: video production and editing (if time permits)