Wednesday 1 March | Digtal Storytelling Across the Curriculum
- Demarest, A. (2015) Chapter 3: Personal Connections are the foundation of all learning. Place-based Curriculum Design. New York : Routledge.
- Lambert, J. (2012) Chapter 5: Seven Steps of Digital Storytelling, Digital Storytelling: Capturing Lives, Creating Community. (4th Edition). Routledge : New York, NY. pp. 53-69.
Viewing 1: Center for Digital Storytelling -> with your assigned partner, view one digital story with intention and focus
Discussion 1: Place-based Education & coming up with an idea for your digital story
- From the Preface, Smith & Sobel
- Demarest on Place-Based curriculum development
- The Shift to Place-Based Education (Demarest)
Viewing 2: What is WeVideo?
Workshop: WeVideo: video production and editing
Viewing 2: Center for Digital Storytelling -> with your assigned partner, view one digital story with intention and focus
Small group activity
- Seven Steps of Digital Storytelling -> assign one step to each pair
- Read your step for the main ideas (relative to the digital story you just watched):
- prepare a talking point or two based on the reading;
- identify a brief quote or two from the reading;
- relate the talking points and quotes to the digital story you watched;
- Prepare to share with class.
Discussion: Discuss the digital story you previewed in relation to the points & quotes