- Digital Story Assessment due ASAP
- Friday 21 April Assignment Due: Blog Post 8: Field Observations A+B
- Final Exam: Wednesday | 10 May | 6:00-7:50 Assignment Due in class: TPACK Design (Spring 2017: Print copy of your TELE/TPACK design required)
Reading: Martin, L. (2012). Connection, Translation, Off-Loading, and Monitoring: A Framework for Characterizing the Pedagogical Functions of Educational Technologies. Technology, Knowledge & Learning, 17(3), 87-107. (part 1: pp.87-96, end of section 2).
Digital Story Gallery II & Assessment 1
Discussion1: Review Effects Of & Effects With Technology
- Introduction: Distributed Cognition
- Dynamic Grade Sheet -> Effects with + What if | Climate Bathtub Simulation | Climate Momentum Simulation
- Text Walk: Salomon and Perkins (2005) Does Technology Make You Smarter?
- Viewing: the geo-literacy project: students use technology to explore their world
- Viewing: Differentiating Instruction Through Interactive Games: Using tech tools and games acquired through grants and his own resourcefulness, second-grade teacher Robert Pronovost tailors math instruction to match students’ individual learning styles. (multi-age)
- Distributed Cognition and Common Educational Technologies Used in Schools
Discussion2: Distributed Cognition | Pedagogical Functions of Educational Technologies : Connecting | Translating | Off-Loading | Monitoring
- DC and the Four Pedagogical Functions
- DC Cases to Analyze
Case Study1: Exploring Emigration: Maps & Migration : Using maps and technology to explore geography /Grades 6-8, Social Studies
- A. Google Docs in the Classroom : Grades 9-12 / All Subjects / Collaboration
- B. The Learning Landscape: Kids Monitor Terrain with Technology : Grades 3-7 / Environmental Science
- C. Blended Learning Energizes High School Math Students: Educator Peter McIntosh helps his students to take ownership of their learning by using interactive subject-mastery tools like Khan Academy. High (9-12)
- D. Poetry WorkStations : Students analyze poetry with PodCasts and WebLogs / Middle School 4-8 Language Arts
- E. Enhancing Chemistry Basics with Technology : Grades 9-12 / Science / Peer Teaching
- F. Potential Energy: Problem Solving with Technology : Grades 9-12 / Science / Physics
You must be logged in to post a comment.