- Reading for next week: Martin, F., Pastore, R., & Snider, J. (2012). Developing Mobile Based Instruction. Techtrends: Linking Research & Practice To Improve Learning, 56(5), 46-51.
- Upcoming due dates: Friday 10 February Video Game Exploration
- Using the hyperlink to connect blog posts to video gaming page
- The Screen Shot
- Inserting pics (of video games) on your website/blog.
- James Paul Gee on Learning with Video Games
- Round-table discussion, how is the video gaming exploration coming along? What game are you playing? What has your experience learning/playing been like? What about Gee’s principles? And the online threaded discussion?
- Video Games and Learning Principles (Continuation)
- Continue online: Video game exploration: identify and then discuss three salient points from your newly selected article that add to your conversation about video gaming and education.
- Exploration Introductions: Mobile Learning (What do you know? What do you want to know? What can you find right now? Let’s have a look around…)
- Reading for Thursday 2 February: Authored by Project Tomorrow and Blackboard (2013) Learning in the 21st century: Mobile Devices + Social Media = Personalized Learning.
- Cell Phones in the Classroom? Oh My!!!
- Did you know…?
- What do you know, what do you think?
- Perspectives: Principals, Teachers, Parents, Students, You…
- Politics of Presence: It’s a Crisis of Presence….No Really
- Common Sense Classroom Strategies | Where is your placement? What is the policy/strategy at this school
- ED386/ED586 (Policy on cell phone use in our class)
- Poll EveryWhere
Workshop (B): Open Lab